Sunday 13 May 2007

Monster Monitor

Yo Dudes!



It's not quite a month since bootup, I know, but today I ordered this rather sleek looking 19" widescreen TFT monitor for my monster creation.



Cor! look at the DVI inputs on that!



It was recommended at a much higher price in "Nerdy PC Builder Twat" magazine at over £220, but available at Amazon at £140, where it was also favourably mentioned in dispatches by purchasers.



This will, of course, bump the total cost of the system to a monstrous £369.



I just went on to the Dell website and attempted to specify a system with the approximate specs of my PC as far as possible, and it added up to £596 inc VAT and delivery. However this system would be under warranty, new parts, better graphics and sound and as a special offer 2GB RAM for the same price as 1GB.



I also haven't included in my cost the stuff I have recycled from previous PCs such as the sound card, graphics card, DVD writer etc which would probably add at least another £100 to the total.



So all in all probably not worth the hassle unless you are a saddo computer geek with nothing better to do with your spare time.



Which, luckily, I am!



Bye!

No comments: